Thursday, May 11, 2006

Happy Birthday, Lee!


Today’s the birthday of a good friend of mine. This entry is my gift to her. Weird, you say? Well, when I turned 19, she gave me a Friendster account…we’re just weird people. (By the way, Lee, I deleted the account. No offense or anything. I just got tired of getting requests from people from Belgium.)

Last Christmas, Lee-Anne gave me a bottle opener, and artistic one, at that (round, with intricately engraved designs). She joked that hopefully I would find it “useful.” I replied by guaranteeing its usefulness. Funny thing is, though, I was kinda serious.

What kind of a person gives a friend a bottle opener for Christmas? Well, maybe there’s not so much a problem with her. The previous Christmas, she gave me a shot glass; it appears that I’ve earned a not-so-desirable image from her.

As I write this, the bottle opener sits on the desk beside me (next to the rock I got from Kel’s debut). Above my computer is where the shot glass sits, next to the picture of my 2-year-old niece (daughter of my cousin who betrayed my family…long, bitter story).

Well, the good news is that the shot glass is empty, and it’s been awhile since I’ve opened a bottle with the opener (a week or so).

Despite the crate of empty bottles in our garage, and despite my favorite shirt being the green one with “BURP!” printed on it, I can still claim in temporary sobriety that I’m not an alcoholic.

(Sure, I’ve been known to down a few, but you can’t claim to be squeaky clean, either, can you Lee? Hehehe joke lang.)

So during this, her 19th or 20th birthday (yeah, I’m not sure…sorry), I’d like to greet Lee-Anne Tobias a very happy birthday! You’re the best! Cheesecake’s coming when I get the money to buy the ingredients (it’s a hard knock life for us…).

Oh…advance warning for MY birthday: I’ve always wanted a beer mug.


___________
Tue 9 May 06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


earn