Monday, October 23, 2006

Birthday Props

MY 21st birthday will be remembered as a day with Ginny Sonico. It’s not exactly what I planned but I really wouldn’t have it any other way.

I’ve jokingly said before that in the absence of a significant other, she’s it. But seriously, she came through again for me today.

Thanks for spending the day with me, Gin. Love you for it. You’re the best. Thanks also to your mom. Send my regards to her and the rest of the family.

(And thanks Mon for letting me borrow your girl for the day…Hahaha.)

..........................A picture of Gin taken on-campus a couple months back.


Japs, you win. You were the first to greet me, edging out Liana by mere seconds. Cindy was third. Ada was fourth.

(But technically, Ria was the first to greet ‘cuz she greeted back in September. And my cousin Ian greeted me last week. Whatever. You all get the prize of my admiration.)

Special thanks to surprise well-wishers: To my “girlfriend” Didang, a hug back at you. Salamat din kay Korinne (feeling close ka na ah…just the way I like it…Apir! Ingats sa Ilocos!)

Thanks to everyone else that greeted!

(This is the first time in a couple of years that I didn’t plan a birthday inuman. Because of this, few of my guy friends actually remembered it was my birthday. I’m not complaining ‘cuz I rarely remember theirs if there’s no drinking involved either. It’s just a funny anecdote.)

And lastly, thanks as well to my family. Don’t give them much credit but I suppose they raised a 21-year-old somewhat deserving of all these warm salutations. And they’ve allowed him to be who he wants to be for the most part. For that, he is forever indebted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


earn